Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nice guys finish second - 1

I read the book almost a year back when I was about to enter this college. I am sure many people specially contemporary of the author and other people associated with those events would have written much insightful reviews but I guess my unique position in time and some other factors which i would deal with later make my review or rather collection of my insights from the book it interesting because ultimately all people of that age are to be evaluated by people of my generation !!!

Boasting apart before reading this book I had hear about B K Nehru in class 5th when mugging name of popular books and authors was one way of winning inter school GK contests.

Later I read a book by HT journalist who was sent to cover nagaland but ended up marrying a naga woman and became a spokesperson of naga cause which obviously did not paint a good picture of B K Nehru and he was portrayed as an old school man who was hell bent upon enforcing writ of Indian state.

Just before reading this book i read Jagmohan's "My Frozen Turbulence in kashmir" in which two main issues as to how Faruk abdualla govt failed and what happened in Srinagar city on the night jagmohan arrived were described in detail to create for justification of all the moves mentioned BK in not that adulating terms. He infact tried to pin any blame for dismissal of farukh governemnt on BK's door ( this is 84 - first stint of Jagmohan which actually saw the beginning of terrro

No comments: